Friday, July 18, 2008

All's Well That Begins Well



Just had my third pre-natal appt. today, and all is going well. My blood work came back positive where it needs to be positive and negative where it needs to be negative thus far, so our Little One is progressing nicely. I was surprised to find out that I've actually lost 3 lbs, but our doc doesn't seem worried, so I'm not sweating it.

Dr. Peterson has written me scripts for pre-natal vitamins ( I have to tell you I was somewhat disappointed to find out that I would be graduating from the Flintstone Chewables that she had me taking in the interim....made me feel like a kid again :-) and anti-nausea pills. I told her that, as things go, the nausea has been pretty manageable (Hey, based on horror stories I've heard and read about, I can't complain at all.), but asked when I can look forward to getting a bit more energy back. She was pleased to report that, as WeeOne's organs are almost entirely formed now, I should be feeling young and spry again in just short of 3 weeks. Hallelujah! I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see the other side of 9:30 p.m. again. Looks like soon. But, as I've said, in the grand scheme of things, I can't think of a better reason to not feel good. This is truly a blessing and wonderful experience.

No real wacky cravings or aversions save the typical yen for ice-cream (thanks to my wonderful husband and awesome-Daddy-to-be for finding the kind that hits the spot! :-) and a small obsession w/ Cheerios. After they came right back up about two weeks ago, though, I don't think I ever want to see that big, yellow box again. And, I still can't stand the thought, or smell, of Orange Juice, chicken or coffee (MAJOR shock for those who know me). Here's hoping that that subsides soon.

On the whole, we're all right as rain in the Weber household. Thanks to those who have sent well-wishes. WeeWeber is gurgling her/his delight :-)

I'll try to update this guy about once a month. Next up: THE HEARTBEAT APPOINTMENT!

Much Love,
J

5 comments:

Donny, Kat and Kayleigh said...

JC...it's sounds like a boy! I could be wrong cause my best friend Anna is prego with twin boys and never got sick....but MOST of the time sick and sensitive to smells says boy! :) or Tom Boy :) haahaha

Nana Cherryl said...

Good post. I'm glad things are going well, and I'm sure you'll be glad to get rid of the fatigue. I'm sorry we couldn't all get together this weekend, but hope the bathroom project is either done or almost there. Maybe one of these days there will be pictures of WeeWeber in utero too.

Love ya, Cherryl

Unknown said...

You can't stomach the smell of coffee????????????? Holy crapola, I just fell off the couch! haha
I am so glad to read that you and weeweb are healthy and well. Congrats to you and your hubby!

Love - Surface

Courtney Craig said...

Yeah for the Weber baby...I'm excited to be an aunt. I'm going to spoil that child like nobody's business! But, you were taking "Flintstone" vitamins at age 30? What the heck??? ;-)

Eric said...

As the proud grandpa to be, I agree with kat, it is a boy! Or maybe a tomboy???? Oh who cares, just pray for a healthy little one that will keep Mom and Dad up all night for the first 3 nights and then sleep like a rock from then on. Dan really liked "I Love Lucy" at 4:00 am followed by Romper Room at 6:00 am. Ya just can't find quality TV at that hour any more. Today little Weber will be yelled at by Bill May! Hang in there JC.
POP