Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ride 'em, CowGirl! Giddy'up!





We've all seen the movie, "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (the original....not the scary re-make w/ Johnny Depp) in which the spoiled brat, Veruca Salt whines, "Daddy, I want an Umpa Loompa NOW!". And, we've all made fun of that character depicting spoiled brats everywhere as Veruca; the child w/ the British accent screaming "Daddy, I want this" or "Daddy, I want that."

Dan and I have even done this w/ our daughter. We often use that British voice when pretending what she's going to be like as a teenager. Our favorite 'saying' of her's is, "Daddy, I want a pony. Oh! Please, Daddy, I want a pony NOW!"

Well, Norah didn't have to wait long. Little did she know that Mommy and Daddy were the proud parent's of her pony long before she was even born. And, Norah's pony's name is Angus.

Say what you'd like about our boy being a big, dumb, clumsy, gullible ol' dog, but Angus has proved to be nothing but the sweetest, most gentle giant in the world when it comes to his 'little sister'.

Enjoy the pictures of Norah's first 'pony' ride:

No comments: